Friday, April 30, 2010

Fiancé Friday #4!

Hello again blog-o-sphere!

It is Friday afternoon again, and everyone knows what that means: Fiancé Friday!! For those of you who are new to the blog, every Friday I get to take the opportunity to post my two-cents on this whole wedding planning business. This week, I thought I would chat a little bit about pictures and hotels.

Last weekend while we were in Omaha, we had the opportunity to take engagement pictures with our wedding photographer. Having never been engaged before, I had no idea what to expect. What I learned, was that apparently you can't just pick out your outfit the night before you are getting these pictures taken. This process can take weeks or even MONTHS! Not only were there outfits to pick out, but we also had to make sure we had props! Have you ever bought 36" balloons before? Neither had we, until this engagement picture process.

I must admit, the pictures themselves were fun to take. We took some in the Old Market, and then some out at Zorinsky Lake. We should be getting them back soon, so stay tuned for those...

Also, many of you know that we have been having some issues in regards to finding a hotel block for our wedding. A mid to late June wedding in Omaha means only one thing: College World Series. Yes, it's my favorite time of the year to be in Omaha (except for the 100+ degree temps and 95% humidity). However, if you are attempting to get hotel rooms for a wedding, it can turn out to be a nightmare. We may have solved that issue, but stay tuned and keep your fingers crossed!

One last note for this week is that I passed my comps, so I will be graduating in two weeks! My Master's hood gets here next week, so I think I will just be wearing my robe and hood around constantly until graduation - Harry Potter style. :) I hope you all have a great week! To end with, here is another picture from our food tasting last week!

Peace, Love, and Wedding Planning,

Kevin



1 comment:

  1. I would be lying if I said I woke up this morning and didn't think, "yes! fiance friday!"

    ReplyDelete