Sunday, April 25, 2010

Fiance Friday #3 (Sunday Edition)

Hello blog-o-sphere!

I hope all is well where you are currently! I just wanted to start this by apologizing for the lateness of this post. Many of you readers have let me know that you were, indeed, disappointed that I was unable to post on Friday. With limited internet connectivity all weekend being away in Omaha, I was unable to post until now. As promised in last week's post,below is a full report on the catering tasting!

First, I thought I would start with a little lesson we all learned. With the tasting being at 1pm, and being unaware of how much food each of us would be sampling, we decided to eat lunch ahead of time at one of Holl and I's FAVORITE places, Panera Bread. For those of you reading this from Tucson, it compares with Beyond Bread, except it is 500x's better. :) Anyways, the lesson we learned from this was NOT to eat lunch before tasting the catering! There was A LOT of food once we got to Bob's (the caterer) restaurant in downtown Omaha. A side note, if you are looking for a good place for breakfast or lunch in downtown Omaha, check out Bob's Grill & Cafe.

As far as the tasting goes, we sampled several different things. First, there was both a garden and a caesar salad - both of which were very tasty! Then, there was both penne and fehttuchini, with a choice of alfredo or marinara sauce. From my viewpoint, the pasta itself is just pasta. It's really all about the sauce that can really make or break it. I was definitely not disappointed! Both sauces were outstanding!! We then had a chicken penne pasta bake, with melted cheese on top, with a mix of both sauces for the sauce. It was also DELICIOUS! The last thing we sampled was chicken parmesan, which, of course, was delicious once again! I can't say enough good things about all of this food! Those of you who know me, know that I don't lead people astray when it comes to matters of food. :)

You may be wondering now, what we chose to go with. Well, after a very insightful conversation with Bob, we have decided on going with the salads, the penne and fehttuchini, and the chicken parmesan, with breadsticks. :) Trust me, it will be amazing! :)

One last note before I end this week, this is for those of you currently/in the future planning a wedding. When you select a caterer, make sure to ask if they include a tasting! If they do, TAKE ADVANTAGE OF IT!! You may already know what food you would like, just by looking at the menu, but take advantage of it anyways! Remember, there is never a reason to pass up something delicious and free! :) To end, the picture this week is of the spread of food!

Until next week,

Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment