Friday, August 20, 2010

Fiancé Friday - The Big Announcement

Hello Blog-o-sphere!

I have kept you all in waiting for quite some time, now, about this big announcement I'm going to make here, today. If any of you are friends with me on Facebook or follow me on Twitter, you have seen the speculation about what exactly this announcement could be about. Recently, I have heard the rumor that St. Ignatius himself is coming back from the dead to witness our marriage. I've also heard that Pope Benedict XVI will be witnessing our marriage. Today, I even heard the rumor that Hollyanne and I are actually already married! A couple of other favorites come from friends I suffered through, I mean "went to", grad school with. Those guesses include an appearance on America's Got Talent and an NBA contract with the Miami Heat. While I'm no hand whistler or basketball player, I think they were about the closest guesses to what I am about to announce. You are probably now wondering, "Seriously, Kevin? Get on with this already!" Also, I contacted ESPN to see if they would do a prime-time special, allowing me to give my announcement on national television. Unfortunately, I'm still waiting for Chris Berman to call me back. But, alas, I can't sit around and wait for ESPN all day, I've got blog readers that I need to let in on the announcement! So, folks, you heard it here first.....The announcement is....................MY SIDE OF THE WEDDING PARTY!!


Lt. My-Linh "Twink" Pham

Twink and I have been best friends since our high school days at Oak Park. We've been through thick and thin together. In fact, if you search through the Cleary Family Home Video Archives, and have a VHS player, you will come across some classic footage of the two of us lip syncing and dancing to Veggie Tales during the Mr. Oak Park competition. Currently, Twink is serving our country in Afghanistan, and will return in time for the wedding! Of course, I am thrilled to have Twink as my Best "Man" (Not really sure on the terminology if a best man is a female....).


Peter Kimani

Kimani is my wonderful brother-in-law that has the distinct pleasure of being related to me through my sister. I'm not sure he fully realized what he was getting himself in to when he came in to the family. :) We've had many-a-good times together and I couldn't be happier to have him as a Groomsman!


John Roselle III

John and I met at the Summer Preview dance the summer before we started our academic careers at Creighton. Now, if you know anything about me and dancing, you will know that we met on the outside of the dance floor, and not actually dancing ourselves. :) John and I share and affinity for St. Ignatius and the Jesuits. Of course, John's affinity is a little stronger, given that he's now a Jesuit, himself. :)


Craig Carlson

Craig came in to our family when he married my cousin Cindy. Together, they have two beautiful daughters and live in the Des Moines, IA area. A founding member of the MOD Squad, Craig and I have had many good times together on the MOD Annual Camping Trip! Though Craig is both a Minnesota Vikings and Minnesota Twins fan, I don't hold it against him too much. :)


Dan Buck

Dan also has the pleasure of being related to me, as he is my oldest cousin! Dan lives in Omaha with his wife D'Lynn and their four beautiful children! Together, Dan and I are the co-creators of "Stars Friday." For those unfamiliar with this international holiday, it falls on the day after Thanksgiving in the United States. Many people go out an shop on this day. Dan, Craig, and I, however, enjoy staying in and playing hours of an old PC turn-based space strategy game known as Stars!. Dan and I also share a love for Tecmo Super Bowl on the NES. I cannot even begin to count the number of times my QB was sacked by the NY Giants defense in my basement while growing up. :)

Joe Buck

Last, but certainly not least, is my cousin Joe. Having the opportunity to attend Creighton in Omaha, I had many opportunities hang out with Joe. Joe and I have been on many camping trips together, as well as a couple of Little Jays Weekends while I was at CU. I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to live with him and the rest of the Omaha Bucks for a few weeks after I graduated from Creighton, while I finished my position at Nebraska AIDS Project. I recently served as Joe's Confirmation Sponsor, which took place this past Spring.

Well, folks, there you have it: The Groomspeople! Or, is it Groomsfolks? Does anyone have any suggestions??

Next week on Fiance Friday: Another Open Letter to Martha Stewart. Yes, Martha, the students are back and I'm going no holds barred! Be prepared!

2 comments:

  1. this was sooo not as exciting as i was hoping for. sighhhh.
    .....

    just kiddinggggg

    ReplyDelete
  2. also it lacks photos. my wedding party post > your wedding party post.
    ......

    not kiddingggggg

    ReplyDelete