Friday, October 8, 2010

Fiancé Friday - My Life on the D-List

Hello blog-o-sphere!

As I am writing this, I am sitting in George H.W. Bush International Airport in Houston, TX on my way to Baltimore, MD/Washington, DC! I hope everyone is having a fantastic week! Before I get things kicked off here, I want to give a special Fiance Friday shout-out to my friends Lauren and Chris, who are getting married this weekend in Baltimore!

Ok, I know I was going to talk about this whole "DIY Wedding Industry" this week, including the many "craft nights" that go along with that. However, today I had a realization! I'm a "D-List" Groom! Now for those unfamiliar with the term, allow me to explain a little. You see, I've been reading Kathy Griffin's book, "Official Book Club Selection." Kathy, you see, refers to herself as a D-List celebrity. What she means by that is that, sure, she is a little famous. However, she's not Jennifer Anniston famous. Now, she has an entire TV show devoted to this concept. I have to admit, I don't have cable, so I have never seen her show. Oh, and I don't buy books anymore, so I got her eBook from the Pima County Library. Sorry Kathy, no royalties off of me!

You might be wondering, "Kevin, How are you a D-List Groom??" Well, let me tell you what happened today. Holl and I went to a large, national chain to look at options for tuxedos this morning. Since we are getting married in a different city, we thought it might be easier to go through a national chain to get the tuxes. Well, when we got there this morning, they immediately gave us a binder with about 10 different options for styles. While we looked through it, the attendant stood over us, not saying a word, as if the binder was worth a million dollars! Then, when we started asking questions about the differences between styles, we were rewarded with quick, short answers that didn't really give us a lot. So, we left without making any decisions.

Apparently, this less-than-friendly person had never heard of this blog. How rude! You see, I'm famous to all of you, dear readers, but apparently not to everyone. So here I am, just an ordinary D-List groom, writing about my wedding planning experiences for all of you. Of course, since my life as a D-List groom includes being engaged to my beautiful Fiancee, I would not change it for the world. :)

Ok, time to go shamelessly plug this post on Facebook and Twitter before I take off for DC! Such is the life of the D-List Groom. :)

Peace, Love, Weddings, and D-Listings,
Kevin

1 comment: